Yeah, you could say we’ve been doing this for awhile…
Owner Bob Olsen is considered a Fit Guru. Bob has done thousands of fits and is sought after by cyclists nationwide. A 3-time RAAM mechanic for Lon Haldeman, Bob travels the country to bicycle camps where he conducts fit clinics. He’s earned certification in fitting, multiple philosophies, and service from some of the biggest names in cycling. Bob has been working in the bicycle industry for over 30 years, focusing on bicycle fitting for the past 20. Bob started racing Criterium and road racing as a junior, and now enjoys long-distance solo rides.
While leading bike tours in Italy as a guide and mechanic, he was bitten by the touring bug. Some of his past adventures include touring Ghana, Africa on bamboo bicycles and riding over the Andes in Peru at 15,000ft. Having experienced many things on and off the bike, Bob is sure to be able to help you enjoy and achieve your cycling goals
Mattias, our new sales manager, has been a cycling enthusiast for many years. Recently he managed the Freeport Bicycle Company in Freeport, IL. After his tenure in Freeport he transferred to the old North Central Cyclery where he built upon his expertise and strengthened his commitment to providing the type of customer service you have come to expect from Wheel Werks. Mattias has a passion for mountain biking, but more often than not he’s drawn to the road and will be a regular feature of our weekly road rides. We are proud to welcome him to the family and he is looking forward to sharing his expertise and passion for all things bikes.
As many of you know, Josh has been a staple at Wheel Werks for the last 7 years. He brings expertise in all areas of cycling from his previous 15 years of shop experience. Although his specialty is sales and merchandising, you’ll find him filling multiple roles around the shop. Josh is also BG FIT certified and combines this with his kinesiology background to help customers find the right bike. When it comes to cycling, he has a passion for mountain bikes but has dabbled in all areas including BMX, road, tri, and gravel. Currently, he spends most of his riding time with his two little boys on his Surly Big Dummy.
- Sean has been in the shop for 6 1/2 years
- Actively involved in the local cycling community
- Experienced in crits and road racing
- Prefers the ride quality of carbon frames
- Current favorite ride: Cannondale EVO Team Hi-Mod with SRAM Red
- Life long resident of Crystal Lake and has worked with Wheel Werks from day one
- 2011 Illinois Mountain overall winner
- One of only two in the state of Illinois to finish Leadville under 9 hours.
- Many Podium finishes in mountain bike races and ultra mountain bike events
- Two time Illinois cyclo cross winner
- Illinois cyclo cross series winner
- Years of road, mountain and cyclo cross racing
- Has coaching business
- Coaches our indoor cycling class during winter